The report finds that the policy environment for housing has improved over the past twelve months, with 73% of respondents saying that building more affordable homes is now a priority.
Key findings include:
- 64% of respondents who work in the housing sector believe their main priority is to deliver new homes;
- 36% believe their priority is to manage existing stock;
- Respondents from housing associations believe that the main groups they should be housing are: vulnerable households (88%), working households unable to afford to buy or rent in the open market (73%) and the homeless (67%);
- 86% of respondents now consider the availability of land a major issue (72% in 2017);
- 54% state that more grant funding is required, while 30% cite construction industry capacity and organisational capacity.